14 May 2007

Equipment

So, a good starter would be the equipment I will be using throughout the course of these assignments.

The mainstay of my arsenal consists of a Black Body Canon Rebel XT (350D) with just about 1 year's worth of wear and tear. Pretty much in pristine condition.

My primary lens is a Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] (boy was that a mouthful...).

My sole, non-natural light source is a Canon Speedlite 430EX.

Accessory wise I have the Battery Grip for the Rebel XT, allowing me to throw in a pair of batteries that will let me shoot pretty much all day. The down side is that it tacks on an extra inch or two between the body and the ground so it makes it a tad harder to shoot low. The advantage is that it adds a second set of controls that can be used when consistently shooting with a vertical frame.

In addition, I have a Sto-Fen Omni Bounce that spends just about as much time off my flash as it does on the flash.

Other equipment I have available, that may or may not find use throughout these assignments, is a Tamron AF 2x Teleconverter, as well as a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM.

That covers the equipment I have on hand. Other equipment I have en route is a Starving Student No PC Kit (SN2) as well as Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting.

And that's about it! Further updates as they become available/acquired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey now, whose teleconverter are you using again? :)